Morocco a good vacation destination?

Sep 2nd, 2001, 08:40 AM
Jean

Morocco a good vacation destination?

Contemplating a tour that includes 6 nights in Morocco. Is it a good vacation destination?
Possibly going in Nov.with Trafalgar.

Sep 2nd, 2001, 12:31 PM
Ursula

Jean: Yes, Morocco is a good destination, at least for me. Visited most major cities and also some oasis in the Dades and Dra valley going through Ouarzazate. Absolutely gorgeous. I particularly liked Fes and Meknes. But of course you have to visit Marrakesch as well. Although it is very touristy, it is one of the Moroccan highlights. I am also very fond of the cuisine, which counts among the five best in the world. What a variety of dishes. I think November is a good month. Just be prepared to cold nights. The days will be just fine for travelling and visiting. Read a good guide book if you should visit a Muslim country for the first time. It's different from the US or Europe, but Morocco is definitely one of my favourite countries in the world. What places do you intend to vistit next to Marrakesch: Fes, Meknes, Rabat? They are all great, especially if you are interested in architecture, beautiful houses, gardens, markets, etc.

Sep 2nd, 2001, 01:14 PM
Jean

The tour also goes to Tangiers, and Casablanca.

Sep 2nd, 2001, 10:27 PM
Ursula

Jean: Sorry, cannot comment on Casa (that's how they call it) nor Tangiers. I was just in transit at both the airports. But I gathered, Tangiers is to be left asap, maybe Casa has some interesting places. I think the town is quite modern. I suppose you won't stay long (1 night?) in both of them anyway. Be prepared, that Morocco is quite a large country. If you do to the tour by bus, there are long ways to go. On the other hand, the landscape is beautiful the more south you get and there is always something to be seen.
Enjoy!

Search this Thread