3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga

Old Dec 5th, 2016, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga

My boyfriend and I recently took a 3-day tour from Marrakech to Merzouga. It was absolutely the highlight of our trip and left us with a lifetime of memories!

Originally we were booked for 5 days in Marrakech but a good friend of mine, having lived in Morocco for some years said it was much too long and we would be bored. I can assure you she was right, we spent 3 days in Marrakech and found it to be more than enough. The freneticism of the city was a bit much for my boyfriend and made balancing our stay in Marrakech a bit tricky. Our 3 day break to the desert was the perfect way to mix things up. We booked with a company called Marrakech Desert Tours which offered group tours for a reasonable price. They offered add-ons and we jumped on the chance to go sand boarding, an activity we unfortunately did not receive. Attempts at getting a refund were met with silence and ignored emails from the tour company, a bit disappointing considering our trip otherwise was extremely successful and we were quite pleased with our booking. The pace is quite gruelling and one must be prepared to spend long hours driving but the experience is well worth it. We detail our trip to the Sahara here! http://www.underthesamebluesky.com/desert-tours-morocco