Morocco - 3 cities - 1 week.

Mar 20th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Morocco - 3 cities - 1 week.

Hi all! We are planning a one week trip to Morocco and have whittled the trip down to Marrakech, Fez and Tangiers. However, I'm not sure if we're trying to cover too much ground. I've heard a lot about Marrakech and Fez and have decided that they are definite stops for this trip. I haven't heard much about Tangiers though. Any insight about any of the cities (esp. Tangiers) and how to travel between these places would be greatly appreciated! Also, does anyone have reports of exceptional places to stay while in any of these cities?
Mar 21st, 2005, 12:54 AM

Hello ! I think that covering the three cities is a bit too much in one week, specially as transportation time will be a long one. Train travel is slow, and road travel also.

I would suggest you to focus on Fez and Marrakech, because both towns are definitely full of wonderful places to visit.
I'm not so sure about Tangiers.
Mar 21st, 2005, 05:43 AM

If I were choosing where to go in just one week in Morocco, I wouldn't choose Tangiers unless you are entering the country through the ferry from Spain. It's far removed from both Marrakech and Fez and it's full of touts and annoyances. You could spend a day in Casablanca if you fly into the country to see the giant mosque and other city sights; otherwise, there is plenty to see in and around Fez and Marrakech to occupy you for a full week or more. There are also opportunities from Marrakech to take a short trip into the High Atlas mountains or to the coast to visit Essaouira. You could easily rent a car and drive between Fez and Marrakech, but a train is rather indirect and difficult (you have to go all the way back to Casablanca, I believe). Or you could fly.

Search this Thread