Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > More info on Chief's Camp Night Drives (response received)...

More info on Chief's Camp Night Drives (response received)...

Apr 12th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

More info on Chief's Camp Night Drives (response received)...

I am copying and pasting a response from an agent that was kind enough to respond immediately to my question about night game drives at Chief's Camp:

Hi Rocco

The night drives at Chiefs Camp have been in the pipe-line for a couple of years now. They have been given permission a few times to do night drives for VIP guests but as of yet they have not given permission to do so. We are all waiting for this as Mombo will also get permission. But so far nothing.

In late June it is normally freezing in the early mornings but by 08h30 you will start taking off your jackets. I was there in May and it was minus 5 one morning but hot during the day.

Can you beleive that they blocked me on fodors.com for telling everyone about our leopard project.

Yours on Safari
Mark Garzancich
President
TAGA SAFARIS
South Africa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, I cannot even believe that they would block Mark from Taga Safaris for posting about his leopard project. Anybody that is a veteran of the Sabi Sands knows that Taga Safaris operates one of the best websites available, and he also has plenty of information on other countries.

I was pleased to see Mark's presence on the board and do not feel that he abused his privilege to post in any manner. Let Fodor's have a board leader whom may warn people before just blocking them forever.

I think with both Selwyn and Mark that we would have our bases pretty much covered in the Africa forum and I see Mark's removal from the forum a complete inservice to Fodorites whom may otherwise benefit from his presence. Any other Fodorites have an opinion on this one?

And now onto Chief's Camp, I will wait to see the reports of others that are going to Botswana now, in April, to see if it is TOO hot during the day. As much as I dislike hot weather and an overbearing sun, I prefer it to bone-chilling weather. Plus, I wouldn't mind saving possibly $75 per night per person if I were to go in April (although the cutoff date may be March 31st for the real savings). If I could realize such savings on a 12 night itinerary that would save me nearly $2,000.

Hopefully by next year night game drives will be in place. Otherwise, at least by having it on the end of the itinerary maybe I will have had my fill of night game drives by then.

Apr 12th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

>>I see Mark's removal from the forum a complete inservice to Fodorites whom may otherwise benefit from his presence.

inservice = disservice

Search this Thread