Mongu

Nov 12th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Mongu

Have any of you been to Mongu? Where did you stay? We're thinking of maybe going there for one night.
Thanks
Nov 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM

Are you talking about Mongu in Zambia? The same Mongu that has the ferry crossing and is en-route to the Lungu Bungu area?
Nov 12th, 2005, 05:02 PM

Haven't been, but there is a place called the Mongu Lodge. Several other 'hotels', but I think they don't rate stars.
Nov 13th, 2005, 06:09 AM

Sorry, had to run out yesterday and never completed my reply. I have been there, I trust that you are either flying in or.....
If you are driving, make sure you have adequate fuel and a well serviced vehicle. It is a remote town with little infra structure.

I would imagine that if you are heading that way that you are targeting the november migration?

anyway back to lodging: fishing lodges that are reasonable, I stayed at Mbendi some time ago. If you are wanting to angle that would be a good place. Also check out Gavin Johnsons business he runs a "fly" camp for serious fishermen. Also chat to them about the excursion he leads to Luiwa plains in Nov. He has another great trip where you wtach the Lozi moving out of the floodplains, I believe that he is the only guy that is able to get in their and witness this.

Search this Thread