Mombasa City - hotel recommendation?

Sep 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Mombasa City - hotel recommendation?

We are two 30-somethings and will be spending a day and night in the good city on Mombasa on the way back from a week in Shimoni, the Tsavos and Amboseli. We like comforatble but independent characterful places. Given our very brief time in this city, what hotel could you recommed that's fairly central where we can get a flavour of the city? And what evening tour/ cruise/ dinner trip can anyone suggest to make the most of our last evening in Kenya?

Thanks in advance chaps...

Dee
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:57 AM

Hello Dee,

The New Palm Tree would fit the description of what youíre looking for. I stayed there in 2004 and liked it.

Itís not my kind of thing, but the Tamarind Restaurant has dinner cruises where you eat animals with lots of legs in a dhow. http://www.tamarind.co.ke/dhow/index.php
Sep 26th, 2007, 04:55 AM

i have been to paradise hotel msa and believes is a good place to be,My tour operaters did a great deal arrangeng dinners at Tarmarid Restaurant where they serve great and fresh seafoods.
or drop me a an e-mail [email protected].
happy travelling.P.S. Indicate your travelling date for actul facts to incorporate
Sep 26th, 2007, 05:00 AM

May I ask - how you are getting to Shimoni?

Oct 1st, 2007, 04:20 AM

Hello Dee,
The Severin Sea Lodge,would fit the description you are looking for.
The lodge then offers a Cruise known as "Mombasa by night" that will make your last night in Kenya memorable,where you are picked from lodge and driven through town for 10minutes to a Dhow Sundowner Cruise which offers an outstanding view of the old port from the waters as you watch the sun set accompanied by swahili songs,live in the dhow cruise.After docking,you are guided to walk through the historic old Town to the old fortress "Fort Jesus" where you will experience a dazling sound and light show under the stars which is later followed by a sumptous dinner and after your unforgetable dining experience you are driven back to the lodge.Enjoy your journey

Search this Thread