Modest hotels and B-and-B's in Jerusalem

Feb 13th, 2000, 10:49 AM
Robert Tabak

Modest hotels and B-and-B's in Jerusalem

We (2 adults and 2 teens) are planning to be in Jerusalem in August 2000. We are interested in modest priced hotels. Does anyone have experience with "A Little House in the Colony" (German Colony) or "A Little House in Bakah" ?

Also, does anyone have experience using any of the apartment rental agencies such as BnB Jerusalem, Good Morning Jerusalem, or www.o-niv.com ?

Thanks
[email protected]

Feb 13th, 2000, 03:56 PM
John

Hi, Robert,
Sorry, no experience with these, but I would also suggest you look into the YMCA, across the street from the King David, which is quite affordable, comfortable, and well located.

Feb 13th, 2000, 05:17 PM
steve

Hi Robert, my wife and I stayed at Little House in the Colony for a couple of nights last June.
Its clean and cheap though its a bit spartan and the stairs can be a bit steep. Its well situated to a "modern" shopping strip and about a 20 minute walk to the Old City.
When you visit the Old City, make sure you take the 3 hour walking tour. Just fantastic.

Feb 20th, 2000, 04:27 AM
Ron

Hi Robert.
I stayed at Allenby2 B&B in west Jerusalem. It's about a 25min walk to the old city straight down Jaffa St. It's run by Danny Flax. Danny is extremely helpful, friendly and provides free advice on travel not just in Jerusalem but throughout Israel. I was there at low season the cost was $47US per night for room with private bath including breakfast.
Danny's is conveniently located 5mins from a supermarket and the central bus station.
Ron.

Search this Thread