MISR Travel

Oct 19th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

MISR Travel

I have been trying to book an Egyptian tour and cruise with the NY office of MISR. They have been difficult to deal with, slow,lacking details, and now requesting a check rather than credit card payment.I would feel more secure using a card to assure I get the arrangements promised.

Any advice or experience with them?

Thanks.
Oct 19th, 2004, 07:31 PM

When researching our trip for Sept 04 I found mixed reports about MISR on this board.
On recommendation of a couple of posters we used Experience Egypt and have been very happy with their service and package provided. It took quite a few emails to them to get everything we wanted sorted out but it all went like clockwork. Experience Egypt is based in Cairo and you pay nothing until you actually get there! Very different way to do business than we are used to.We costed the same trip booking from our home country, Australia, and we saved approx $US700-800 per couple.
We learnt that you need to be very specific on what standard of hotel, cruise you would like, we went 5 star deluxe (again on recommendations) which was very reasonably priced.
More companies are requesting either cash or cheque these days, we paid for our trip by credit card but were charged the Visa Merchant Fee of 3% which was fine by us. We too felt more secure is paying by this method.
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:43 PM

We used MISR 10 years ago for a special trip to Egypt and we couldn't fault them. We didn't deal direct, but through a travel agent.

They worked out a fantastic trip for us and we had a very detailed itinerary from them.
We had our own guide and driver and we set the pace. They took very good care of us and the whole trip went so smoothly - we felt like Royalty!

I know a lot can change in 10 years but although they were virtually unheard of here in UK they were a big concern in Egypt and very well run then.

Have you "googled" for them to find more current reviews?
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:48 PM
sandi

A number of people have recently posted about poor response from MISR's NYC office. I would suggest you contact MISR direct in Cairo; you should be able to do this thru their website.

Jul 6th, 2005, 06:23 PM

I worked with MISR Travel's NY office for an Egypt trip in April 2005. I worked exclusivly with Eunice Roy. As group leader, our arrangments went off as promised. We received a great price from MISR Travel, excellent accomodations, excellent international flight. We all loved the Movenpick H/S Radamis I cruiser and staff, and our tour guide on the cruiser Hassan Khalil. The only complaints I had from my clients about this trip was the 3:00 am departure time and 5:00am flight time to Aswan. I feel our cairo land opporator could have done better for us. I would work with Eunice again she was very attentive. This was my seventh trip to Egypt and was as nice as trips that I paid much much more. Would use again!! D Johnson
Jul 17th, 2005, 09:59 PM
toughpixel

I contact directly (no again) last month to get more info about a specific safari they had listed on their website and got no response at all. After one week, I got response from 3 other tour operators within two days or less, so I dropped MISR.

Actually, come to think of it, I still have not heard from them!

Jul 17th, 2005, 10:07 PM
toughpixel

wow, i'm a bad typist. I meant in my previous post: "I contacted them directly and not through a tour agent."

Aug 18th, 2005, 10:09 PM

I returned from Egypt lat X-mas and I have to say that Experience Egypt is a fantastic tour company. They literally went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Example, they fought with the front desk at every hotel to ensure we had the best rooms available. We never asked for this either. It's just one of many this they did for us. Highly recommended.
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:20 AM

Well MISR Travel is a public sector company (government owned), so you can imagine it is not the most dynamic, customer oriented type of organization.
Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:15 PM

We went on a Globus trip (Egyption Splendor I think) last March (2004). Globus apparently contracts with Misr because we had Misr all the way through once we got to Cairo.
I think they are really great, the tour guide Dinah is the best in the business.
I guess if the NYC office is not responding, try contacting the Cairo office.
We had heavy security all through the tour and made us feel very safe.

Search this Thread