Microlight

Jun 17th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Microlight

If you only had one spare afternoon and had a choice of the microlight or walking around the falls area - which would you choose? I will not have too much time as the white water rafting is a whole day...I don't want to miss some cultural interaction, but if it just tourist shops, maybe the microlight would be better? What was your experience? Is the town/falls area worthwhile? Maybe there are some nice places to view artwork and/or museums/exhibits and get a chance to converse with the native people?
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:21 AM

The mircoflight is only fifteen minutes, so you could get the company to drop you off at the entrance to the Falls - and do both. Given choice, then experience the magnitude of the falls at close range. There is nothing like the sound, the spray and the immensity of the falling water.
Remember, you cannot take photographs from the microlight.
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:33 AM

Are you staying on the Zambia side? If so, I found the best view of the falls to be from the microlite. There is a market area by the falls with local crafts, but be prepared to be surrounded and pressed to buy by lots of vendors. It is not a relaxing experience! We also found that they all want to trade - they want anything with a logo, socks (white sweat socks), ink pens, watches. Had we known we would have stocked up!

Search this Thread