Micato Safari

Apr 13th, 2002, 05:37 AM
Jan

Micato Safari

We are planning to go with Micato in May 2003. Has anyone traveled with Micato?? Do you suggest another tour operator?

Apr 13th, 2002, 05:48 PM
J

We used Micato about five years ago on a winged safari in Kenya. They were deluxe the whole way. I would highly recommend them. Have a great trip!

Apr 16th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Hans

Jan: We travelled with Abercrombie & Kent but our trip seemed to overlap with a Micato trip for most of the way. In that I was not on the Micato trip, I can not give you too much of a report except that whenever we spoke with the people on that tour they seemed pleased with the trip (the only criticism we heard was that they loved listening to our guide when we were all sitting in the lodges at night becuase of his depth of knowledge.) We were only in Kenya and A&K was terrific. We loved every minute of the trip and the accomodation were stellar. I would not hesitate to recommend them. With that said, I think Micato is less expensive and since they basically had the same itinerary as we did (we stayed in slightly nicer places in Nairobi and the Masai Mara), I think you would enjoy the trip with Micato very much. As long as you travel with a reputable company, I think you will find the trip to be truly amazing! Emjoy! Hans

Apr 16th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Lynn

First of all, you will absolutely love being on a safari. It was the most incredible trip I've taken and I have taken lots and lots of trips. We went on a Micato winged safari last summer to Kenya. They couldn't have been better, nicer, more accommodating, helpful, etc. We were often with A&K groups at the places we stayed. First class accommodations, guides, drivers. The owners (the Pinto family) kept popping up along the way to make certain everything was ok. Since they are based in Nairobi, they were able to make quick adjustments as necessary. The only criticism I would have is that we were two adults who were in a van (every day) with a family (mother and 3 kids, two of whom were teenagers). If you are adults traveling without children, it might be worth your while to find out the dynamics of the safari you are booked on (i.e., ratio of adults/children) and request a van without children. There were times we needed to return to the lodge/tent early since one of the kids (1) was hungry, (2) was tired of sitting in the van watching the cheetah stalk the gazelle, (3) needed to use the bathroom, etc. Also, we didn't much appreciate the teasing and bantering that is commong among siblings.

But, as far as Micato is concerned, I'd go again with them in a heartbeat. They was great.

Search this Thread