Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   MERRY CHRISTMAS (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/merry-christmas-577764/)

sonali74 Dec 24th, 2005 11:14 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Wish all of you a great and merry christmas,Sonali.

sonali74 Dec 24th, 2005 11:15 AM

It's 1:45 a.m. rightnow India time, on the 25th of december

Nyamera Dec 24th, 2005 11:22 AM

Sonali, Krismasi njema. Here, in Sweden, it's 21:21 on Cristmas Eve.

wjsonl Dec 24th, 2005 12:42 PM

It's 3:40pm on Dec 24 in Austin, Texas, and it's 70 degrees F. Once again, I'm dreamin' of a white Christmas. :)

matnikstym Dec 24th, 2005 03:59 PM

it's 3 p.m., 78 degrees in Pahoa, Hawaii...what's a white Christmas?
Mele Kalikimaka!
Dennis

treasuresofafrica Dec 24th, 2005 04:28 PM

Merry Christmas to one and all from Atlanta, Georgia, USA. It's about 40 degrees F. here and raining, so not a White Christmas....but all the neighbors have decorated the front of their homes and the white and colored lights, snowflakes, snowmen and deer are very festive. Hope all of you, wherever you are, will have a very happy holiday. Joan & John.

Selwyn_Davidowitz Dec 24th, 2005 04:30 PM

Merry Xmas to all Fodorites from Cape Town

Unfortunately we are experiencing Xmas with a massive fire on Table Mountain. The whole city is under a haze of smoke and there is lots of ash in the air. Furthermore the high south east in wind prevailing in the city right now is not helping the firefighters who are trying to put out the blaze. No matter what we will see this through and I am sure most Capetonians will be enjoying Xmas on the day.

Very proudly part of the wonderful ((r)) nation of South Africa

mpkp Dec 24th, 2005 05:52 PM

Selwyn,

Thoughts and prayers are with you -- let us know how things go.

Karen

beept Dec 24th, 2005 06:07 PM

For those of you wanting a white Christmas, I have far more snow then I need here in Minnesota and will be happy to share with everyone. Merry Christmas!

wjsonl Dec 24th, 2005 06:48 PM

Sounds good. Go ahead and Fedex me enough to cover my front yard and be sure it'll arrive in the morning. Just put it on my Visa card, if you don't mind. Thanx for sharing.

Sarvowinner Dec 25th, 2005 03:17 AM

Merry Xmas
Lying in bed in Toronto 7.00am - first leg of our trip. Daughter is thrilled to see us.

I hope all is well - Selwyn. We have experienced so many shocking fires at Xmas in Australia. I can smell the smoke.

sandi Dec 25th, 2005 05:23 AM

On Christmas eve in NYC it was rather mild at 50-degrees, so off to the movies to see Syriana.

The evening before, with the transit strike over, also mild, it was Memoirs of a Geisha.

Today, we're expecting rain and have an early Christmas Dinner to attend; later, a Latka Party (soggy, I pressume)!

Tomorrow they also forecast rain when we have a Kwanza party, but keeping with our "movies on Christmas day" - will be off to see Munich.

Too much food all at one time, and after loosing weight on safari 6-months ago and more since returning home, not at all pleased with all the partying... but we do what we must!

Party - movies; party - movies! Too many choices.

Our snow came 2-weeks ago and is long gone, but we have three-months of winter left.

Happy ALL Holidays, to ALL.

Selwyn - sorry to hear of the fires on the mountain; hope these are put out soon with no harm to bodies or property.

Selwyn_Davidowitz Dec 25th, 2005 01:52 PM

Thank heavens the fires on the mountain have been put out however the winds remain strong so all firemen are on high alert at the moment. I have not heard any reports about anybody being hurt during this disaster.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...855595,00.html

Thanks for everyone's concern.

Very proudly part of the wonderful ((r)) nation of South Africa

sonali74 Dec 28th, 2005 05:09 AM

hi guys, I am in bombay for work, so have not been posting. Hope all had a great christmas

Kavey Dec 28th, 2005 05:12 AM

Sorry I'm late - resisted logging on to my 'puter throughout Xmas day and Boxing day too...

Hope all of you had a wonderful day.

Selwyn, so sorry to hear about the Table Mountain fire. I hope it doesn't do too much damage to delicate fauna and flora or to the tourist infrastructure - I know it's one of the cities landmarks.

Celia Dec 28th, 2005 06:21 AM

I too am glad the fire is under control, and glad the firemen remain on alert in that windy place!

Can someone remind me of the place of fire in the ecology of the protea? I know that it's important, but I've forgotten the details.

bat Dec 28th, 2005 08:07 AM

happy holidays to all and hoping for peace in 2006