may safari

Jan 6th, 2002, 11:34 AM
ben

may safari

Am booking a May Kenya safari with Smartours.I have used them for China,South Africa,Eastern Europe and Thailand. They do great job. This tour is $2300{single} for 12 days including fare from Atlanta. My question is how are safari conditions during May{which is part of rainy season}?

Jan 6th, 2002, 03:02 PM
buck

We were there in middle and end of march last year and at the end of march the rainy season had just started. Buck

Jan 7th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Sandy

I was there last May 3-9 and the weather was GREAT! Bright sunny days, cool mornings, warm afternoons, cool evenings, no bugs, no mosquitos, only had sprinkles one afternoon (and we saw lots of animals).

We could not have ordered better weather or had a better trip. We went with 2Afrika.com.

Take lots of film (400 or 800 speed), the longest lens you have or can borrow, a small notebook to write down the animals and birds you will see, and have the time of your life!

Sandy

Jan 16th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Gene

I am also taking that trip my fifth with smarTours on June 12 I would like very much if you would tell me about your trip after you return. I also wonder about a better way to get the required visa's Thanks. Los Angeles area.

Jan 17th, 2002, 05:27 AM
felicia

I used Zierer Visa Service, Inc. to obtain my visas for Kenya and Tanzania. It is a little more expensive but they do all the shuffling between the consulates and fedex back the completed documents to you. They have a few offices across the country and you can use any of them regardless of where you live. Their phone number is (866)788-1100. I had my passport w/visas back in 4 weeks from start to finish. Good luck.

Jan 17th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Dave

We went to T and K last year. Sent our passports to the T embassy for a visa, got it in a few days. Got the K visa at the airport on landing in Nairobi. You can also get a T visa on landing.

Jan 21st, 2002, 08:12 AM
x

a

Jan 31st, 2002, 06:44 AM
a

a

Feb 7th, 2002, 06:18 PM
a

a

Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:46 AM
a

a

Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:58 PM
gary mortimer

Weather should not be too much of a problem, if you are flying from Wilson airport to the Mara a new Uchumi supermarket has opened just up the road(1km) go there for supplies, its about 1/5 of the cost in the Mara.

The shop is on the turning for Carnivores restaurant, which is imho not worth a visit ;-)

cheers

gary

http://www.balloonsafarisdirect.com

Search this Thread