Masai mara safari camps

Aug 11th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Masai mara safari camps

In September, I am going to Kenya and Tanzania and wondered if anyone has stayed or heard reports of, Leleshwa camp and Sekonani. We're planning two nights in each camp. We are also planning to stay at Fundu lodge on Pemba island, Zanzibar for three nights. Anyone been there? Any tips? Our first trip to Africa and we are total greenhorns. Thanks garthc
Aug 11th, 2005, 08:25 AM
bwanamitch

garthc,

Both camps are located on Siana Group Ranch, northeast of Masai Mara NR - and this is definitely not the best location for viewing the migration. Can't say much more... Leleshwa (www.leleshwacamps.com) is obviously the more luxury option.

If you want to view the migration in Masai Mara, have a look at the following thread which also includes camp recommendations:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34652586

Mitch

Aug 12th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Hello Mitch and thanks for the advice. How about Il Moran if we can ever afford it or Little Governors. I much prefer small, intimate camps and Serena sounds rather large to me? Anyone been to Leleshwa or are we the only visitors? It's 10 k.m. outside the park, but the idea of village visits appeals.Has anyone been to Fundu lodge on Pemba? Looks great! Thankyou. garthc
Aug 12th, 2005, 04:05 PM
bwanamitch

garthc,

Il Moran and Little Governors are in a much better location for the migration. I don't know them personally (I've only been to main Governors) but I would recommend Little Governors because of its more exclusive location inside the Mara Triangle.

Mitch

Search this Thread