MASAI MARA MIGRATION IN KENYA

Aug 28th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

MASAI MARA MIGRATION IN KENYA

Once again am happy to inform that the migration of wildebeest and other animal from Serengeti to Masai Mara through the Mara river is on, this is a fascinating and natural event that takes place around this time of the year to the extend it has been dubbed the 7th wonder of the world. The magic starts when the animals reach the mara river and want to cross over to the other side with a little hitch of the river being crocodile and hippo infested .The drama starts when they look from afar like they are discussing on how to cross the river as the crocodile anxiously awaits the decision, and then together they trump towards the mara river and in they go in the river fiercely fighting their way to the other side of the river while the crocodiles take their best shots and drown some of them ending their journey there while the rest cross over, you should see the relief as they jump out of the waters on the other side knowing they have conquered the battle.
This is an event that everyone should witness.
Aug 28th, 2012, 03:10 PM

Oriental1:

Have you witnessed this event?

Problem is when the Wildebeest cross the Mara River they have not conquered anything yet.

The major part of the battle has been won... they are alive.

But they now still have to climb the wet , slippery and in many places a steep embankment on the other side.

Many of them cannot make it , too old , too tired, some climb half-way up only to slide back down again.

But you are right it "is and event everyone should witness".
Sep 11th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Original Poster

Hi Percy,
Thank you for your response,and yes i have witnessed this event, and i understand what you mean,i feel mercy on them too as the weak just loose the battle,but that's just part of it and it adds adventure and emotions to the whole thing not forgetting making it memorable too.
Sep 11th, 2012, 07:21 AM

Well Oriental1,

you and are are lucky because we witnessed this event which many call the 8th Wonder of the World.

I can recall like it was yesterday how awe-struck I was.

Out private guide, took our cameras and Camcorder and took

pictures and movies for us...saying to us , "You just watch for a while

I will film for you".

Yes , an experience of a lifetime for sure.

Search this Thread