Marrakesh to Merzouga

Jun 26th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Marrakesh to Merzouga

We are spending part of our honeymoon in Morocco in October. Planning to visit Marrakesh, Essoueira and Merzouga. The kasbah in Merzouga is quoting 600 euros for roundtrip private transfer to and from Marrakesh, so we were thinking of renting a car.

Wanted to find out though-- is it possible to take grand taxis all the way there, and would that be less expensive?

If we did rent a car and drive ourselves, should we rent from Marrakesh or another stop along the way? (Heard that driving in Marrakesh is tricky.)

And lastly, can anyone recommend a special place to stay on the way back if we split the drive back into 2? We are thinking 1 long day of driving, 2nd night camel trek to the dunes, 3rd night at a halfway point on the way back to Marrakesh, 4th night Marrakesh to make our flight the next morning.

Thanks so much!
Jun 26th, 2009, 11:12 AM

You can take a grand taxi, and I would imagine that you would save some money although the quality of the grand taxis varies greatly.

Keep in mind that one long day driving is 12 hours straight-more than what I would care to do in one shot personally. I would spend a night going over and coming back somewhere in between. Skoura and Kelaa M'Gouna are excellent stops, as is the Dades Gorge.
Jul 1st, 2009, 02:12 AM

honestly it is hard to drive from Mrrakkech to Merzouga it is so long way and the road not very good ,you can get grand taxi and you should devive the road to two step from marrakkech to ait benhaddou and spant the night then you drive from ait ben haddou to Rissani then to merzouga , and in the back trip from Merzouga to ourzazzet or galla megouna and spent the night then to mARRAKKECH ? WELCOME ABOUT ANT HELP OR INFORMATION

Search this Thread