Reload this Page >

kenyan safari through park east tours

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2000, 08:07 AM
joe

I am considering a tour of Kenya through a <BR>company called Park East Tours based in Yew <BR>New York. I wondered if anyone was familiar <BR>with them and have an opinion on them. Also <BR>the trip is mid to late June. How would it <BR>be rainwise and animal wise. I keep reading <BR>the hard rains are through May so I am a bit <BR>nervous. Thanks for any info.

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 11:48 AM
Karen

My husband and I spent 3 weeks in Kenya and Tanzania using Park East Tours in November,'96.We were extremely pleased with the service from flight arrangements to the safari guides.Our guides were knowledgeable, patient, and went out of their way to make sure we were able to see and photograph animals in their natural settings including the big 5..All of the accomodations were excellent.We had signed up for a tour for up to six people but we were the only ones who actually went, so it was like having a private safari at a tour rate. Since we have not been to the area in June I cannot tell you what to expect weather-wise. Hope you have a great trip!!

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 08:56 AM
Minty

We were in Kenya in the end of May. It was raining almost all the time and we couldn't get to some areas because of mud. I would wait.

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 09:09 PM
Rosemary

I'm thinking about an African Safari for 2001, but haven't begun to do any research yet. Wonder how I would find out the weather in March. I don't want to run into the rainy weather and the mud I've seen mentioned here. <BR> <BR>Any suggestions for an itinerary for a two-week tour? <BR> <BR>Rosemary

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 07:45 AM
Dorothy

We have just returned from a magical trip in Kenya. We arranged both a safari and a trip to the coast through a Kenyan travel agent (Rosemary) via e-mail ([email protected]) and could not have received better attention. They were very patient and informative, unlike most European Travel Agents, and gave us a cool and extremely knowledgeable private guide (Steve). I'm sure we seen and done more than many and felt very lucky we found them. If you use them you'll understand why!