Marrakesh->Casblanca Transportation

Apr 8th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Marrakesh->Casblanca Transportation

Hi. I will be in Marrakesh and have an 11:30AM flight out of Casablanca the following day. What's the best way to get from Marrakesh to Casablanca? I know there's an extremely early train that I could take - are the trains reliable/on-time, and are they safe, especially so early in the morning? How should I get from my hotel in Marrakesh to the train station, and how easy is to get to the airport on the train (I assume there's a connection in Casablanca)?

Or, approximately how much would it cost to hire a taxi/car/driver to take me from Marrakesh to Casalanca, and approximately how long would it take? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Apr 9th, 2006, 05:08 AM

The trains are reliable and generally on time. They are also very safe. I've travelled as a single female on Moroccan trains (even overnight ones) with absolutely no problem whatsoever.

From your hotel, take a petit taxi to the train station.

You do have to change trains at Casa Voyageurs to get to the airport - the connection is easy as the station is not very large.

To drive from Marra to Casa will take about 3 hours (allow four to be certain). I'm not sure exactly how much a driver would cost, but I'd say roughly 500-800 dirhams (50-80 euros).

Given that you need to be at the airport by 9:30am, I think getting a car would be the best bet. But if your budget doesnt permit - or you dont mind waking early and making the connection in Casa, you should be able to make your flight if you take the 5am train.
Apr 9th, 2006, 09:15 AM

Hi,
We had to make a similar connection a couple of years ago - had a midday flight from Casa. We took the early train from Marrakech (which, while not busy, was far from empty), changed at Casa Voyageurs and were at the airport in plenty of time for our flight.
Apr 9th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Now I'll probably take a taxi. As I'd prefer to be in my own taxi, what's the best way to arrange transport? Also, what time do you suggest I leave to make an 11:30am flight? Finally, how much should I expect to pay? Thanks!

Search this Thread