Marrakech Hotel recommendations

Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:51 AM
JES
Original Poster

Marrakech Hotel recommendations

Has anyone stayed at Imperial Borg? What are some good options close to the main square? Is it worthwhile staying in a 5 star vs a smaller and much less expensive place in Marrakech? Thanks for any help.
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:55 AM

I have not stayed at this hotel so I can't be of any help on that matter.

What I can say about Marrakech is that "ryads" are very fashionable at the moment and they look definitely great. The only thing that prevented me so far from staying in such a smaller place is that they are mostly located in the old town (which is great), but this also means that you'll wake up at night or very early in the morning because of the 5 AM calls for prayer. Takes a while to adapt!

The other modern hotels are located more in the "new" town, so less atmosphere, but less risk of undesired wake-up call.

It also depends what you are looking for (i.e. having an easy telephone, fax or internet connection available to keep in touch).
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:23 AM
JES
Original Poster

Thanks Joelle, I didn't realize how early the wake up call was!
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:13 AM

I have not stayed at the Imperial Borg but stayed at the Kempinski for some meetings I had in Marrakesh. I would avoid this hotel... it is billed as a 5* but was pretty awful. the gardens and pool were lovely though. i heard good things about teh Sheraton.

Search this Thread