Marrakech hotel confirmation

Apr 13th, 2000, 11:27 AM
Jill

Marrakech hotel confirmation

Has anybody heard of Hotel Sherazade in the Medina. I thought two star hotels went for about $25 to $35 and they are charging over 50. We have already faxed our credit card number and now they want us to fax a photocopy and signature due to our late arrival. Is this normal?! I also called a three star hotel in Fez - Hotel Batha and they quoted me a price of 2000 dirhams! I would like to get our hotels ahead of time, but not at that cost. Any suggestions! Thanks. Jill

May 12th, 2000, 12:44 PM
Nancy Wang

Hi Jill,
Two star hotels should not cost $50. My boyfriend and I went 3-star and we paid around $35 per night. Also double check the official room rates posted inside your hotel room upon arrival. Twice during my travels I was overcharged. When you get the chance, check out the www.bootsnall.com website. I posted a travel article on Morocco under Africa travel guides. E-mail me in person if you have any other questions.

May 23rd, 2000, 01:30 PM
Jill

Thanks Nancy. I am home from my trip, but I appreciate your input. Hotel Sherazade is a wonderful hotel and after my visit I understand why the hotel was quoting me different prices. Of the 14 rooms in the hotel each varied and are priced accordingly. I think we were in the smallest room with a bath and shower and it went for 240 Dirhams in high season. Other rooms cost twice that and were very nice.I learned Marrakesh has three high seasons. The best way to book this hotel, and it is worth it, is to send a deposit with a room request. They often have groups booking rooms so it is best to arrange in advance. I enjoyed using the Fodor's forum before my trip so hopefully my response to my own question may help someone. Nancy, I enjoyed your article posted on Bootsnall web sight. Infact I enjoyed too many articles. These sights are too addictive!

Search this Thread