Marrakech bound - advice needed

Jul 5th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Marrakech bound - advice needed

I'm completely new to this forum/talk thing, but I really need the help and advice of all you seasoned travellers out there.

I did something radical at the weekend. I booked a ten-day holiday in Marrakech for August staying at the El Andalous hotel.

Can anyone tell me if that's a good choice of hotel and what the weather is really like in August? Also how much do I have to cover up?

Many thanks.
Jul 14th, 2004, 12:04 PM
ECS

You will love Marrakech. Definitely take a trip to Kasbah du Toubkal in the High Atlas Mountains. It's an hour outside of the city. I have never heard of that hotel. I stayed at Les Jardins de la Medina, which was beautiful. If you need an excellent tour guide, then contact Omar Chouiyakh ([email protected]). He was my personal tour guide for a 10 day tour through Morocco. As a solo woman traveler, I felt completely safe at all times. He was very knowledgeable. Regarding clothing...be conservative, but you do not have to cover your hair. It should be about 100 degrees F-pretty hot in August. Enjoy!!!! I'm jealous....ha ha...
Jul 18th, 2004, 08:44 AM

We returned from our trip in late May of this year (2004). On our tour with Go Ahead Vacations, we spent 6 days traveling in Morocco, stopping in Rabat, Marrakesh, Fes and Tangiers. I strongly suggest carrying your own bottled water and avoiding fruits and vegetables, while in Morocco. Approximately half of our tour became ill because they were careless in what they ate.
Jul 19th, 2004, 09:44 AM

Marrakesh is fabulous. I traveled there in the early 80s...female..alone and in my mid-twenties at the time.I stayed 8 days. I had no problems except the usual touts. But, I don't know your hotel. I stayed at the Les Almoravides which is walking distance to the big square. I loved the hotel and it's still in existence and is now a 4-star hotel.It was like a little oasis. Happy Travels!

Search this Thread