Anyone watching the Amazing Race

Old Apr 5th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone watching the Amazing Race

They're driving into Moremi-Kwai River Lodge, and man does it bring back the memories. It scary they are fellow countryman though.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 04:07 AM
sandi

There's a long thread on the Europe Board regarding this Amazing Race 7. Interesting comments regarding the partcipants. But have to admit that last nights episode had me howling with the clothing or sans clothing of two of the pairs. One of the funniest episodes yet.

The scary part was the number of breakdowns one pair had (two) on just this one leg.

Old Apr 6th, 2005, 04:58 AM

yes,but I couldn't believe they weren't even required to change a tire!
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 07:29 AM

I was surprised they didn't have to change the tire too, but then I was wondering if the producers wanted to get them back on the road asap since it was their second breakdown of the day.

They all seemed so enthusiastic about being in Africa and about seeing all of the animals. Plus, they seem to be having some concentrated time in Botswana, which I'm really enjoying!
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 11:12 AM

as an amazing race addict i must add that the rule is that if a vehicle breaks down they are provided a replacement BUT they do not get to make up for lost time. this same team also had a bpoat break down on them, too much earlier in the race.

what i was worried about was their stepping down out of their vehicles where there were so many elephants- was that safe?
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 11:28 AM

Did anyone see last week's show? The brothers completely wiped out in their land rover, that was extreme! Its lucky no one was seriously hurt.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 01:25 PM
sandi

I was amazed that when the teams got out at the Clue Box, no one bothered to look around to see if any "sisters" were around.

Old Apr 6th, 2005, 05:15 PM

Watching the show is bringing back Botswana memories for us too, but I have to say I am not all that impressed by most of the teams. It's almost as if the producers wanted to make sure there was no serious opposition for Rob & Amber, to ensure they (and the ratings they surely bring) will stay in the race to the end ...
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 06:03 PM

Absolutely watching it, we get it here in Thailand on Satelite TV. I was going to mention that the main thread on the Europe Board ( I think 500 messages or thereabouts ) lots of people asking questions about the particular game etc so maybe some Africa thread regulars want to take a look and can perhaps answer some of the many questions as many asking more about the great sights shown.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 06:09 PM

I am soooooo hooked on this show. It has made me even more excited about our first trip to Africa this fall.

I CANNOT wait!!!

cindy
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 06:13 PM

I think they could all be 'equaled' on the next leg as I 'think' there is only 1 flight a day from Maun to Jo'burg, wonder then if they will all get the SAA flight direct to Mumbai or whether some will go Emirates via Dubai.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Trying to out think them. hmmm.....
Who believes they will have like 2 or 3 small planes to take them to Joburg? One thing for sure, no way they are continuing on to Savute and Kasane with those driving skills.