Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Mamounia, Pamerie Golf, Meridien, Sheraton Marrakech?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 05:00 AM
Elaine

We are going to Marrakech in August. We have 3 kids, 11,13 & 15. We want to stay in a really nice hotel with a good pool, but want to get our money's worth. <BR> <BR>Mamounia is too pricey for us, but the Sheraton, Meridien and Palmerie Golf Palace are within our price range. Has anyone been to any of these hotels? Are there other better ones in Marrakech that we should consider?

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 12:50 AM
Joelle

We stayed at the Sheraton Marrakech last year and it was a nice hotel. Good swimming-pool. Most of the rooms overlook the pool and gardens. <BR>The new Meridien was not open at that time, so I cannot advise. <BR>I know some people who have been to the Palmeraie Golf Palace and liked it. It is a top range hotel (prices should be higher than the Sheraton). However it is located 4 miles from downtown Marakkech, while the Meridien and the Sheraton (I think they are next door) are 10 mn walk from downtown. <BR>However it is going to be very hot in August in Marrakech! Mind sun burnings. <BR>We had 30 degrees Celsius in May!

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 11:22 AM
elvira

No personal experience with the hotels mentioned, but a friend and her daughter stayed at a condo at Palmerie and were duly impressed. We did wander around the place, and it's pretty spectacular!

Old May 15th, 2001, 01:48 AM
charles henry

I had not very good report about the sheraton,the palmeraie golf palace is really nice and your children will find evry sports , you can also stay in some riads wich is a unique experience , in august choose one with a pool it's goin to be really hot . <BR>there is one call villa des oragers they have a web site <BR>villadesorangers.com <BR>otherwise you can rent a house with th staff only for your self trough different company <BR>there is one call <BR>marrakech medina <BR>they have a web site also <BR>enjoy your stay marrakech is absolutly fabulous <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 03:29 PM
Gayle

These are the big ones with tourist prices.....why not try the Melia Tichka ....Stayed there in April, it was extremely charming (someone referred to it as a petite La Mamounia), beautiful pool area, great restaurants (best belly dancer and drummer I saw in Marrakech) and truly good service. Mainly French visitors there.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:51 AM
james

We stayed at the Palmerie Golf Palace recently - very impressive all suite resort with loads for the kids to do, lots of themed restaurants and also with plenty of quiet spots for Mum and Dad to relax. There is a free shuttle bus into town. August will be VERY hot though - 100 deg's plus.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 10:31 AM
rhrh

I went to marrakesh 2 years ago, and stayed in melia tichka salam. Itīs very quiet, the pool is ok, but maybe too deep for young children, even thow they have a "guard" on alert everytime. <BR>Near the hotel, you have small local shops, just in case you need to buy some extra thing to the youngsters like a chocolat or a yougurt or a bottle of water ( much cheaper here ). <BR>Only "major" problem, is that for you to go to Djemma el Fna, you have to go by taxi, and Taxi drivers can de a pain in the neck. <BR>watch out for the high temperatures, and donīt forget a hat for for the kids. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:13 AM
topper

topping