Malawi: Zomba or Senega Bay?

May 24th, 2002, 12:23 PM
owl

Malawi: Zomba or Senega Bay?

Hello! My husband and I are either staying at the Livingstonia Beach Hotel in Senega Bay or the Ku Chawe Inn on the Zomba Plateau. Where should we stay for 3 nights in July (they are the same price)? Some factors: bec of the bhlizaria we are certain that we won't be doing any in-water activities. Also, we will be arriving in Africa after 2 overnight flights from the US and will be in need of relaxation. Any suggestions would be fantastic! Thank you!

May 25th, 2002, 05:33 AM
David

I lived in Malawi until about two years ago. Both hotels are great, Ku Chawe has some of the most stunning views, but Livingstonia is better for water sports, which I know you dont want to do. There is nothing around Livingstonia beach really to do so you are stuck at the hotel, whereas Ku Chawe is much better.

Have you also considered Club Makakola on the lake ? You can fly into Club Mak if you don't fancy the ground transfer.

Overall having stayed at all three my recomendation is Ku Chawe.

May 25th, 2002, 08:06 PM
owl

Thank you for your post, David. I also posted on the Thorn Tree and found out that (part? all of?) Ku Chawe burned down last Sept. According the poster there the owners were at work restoring it and they thought it might be up and running by now. I'll have to check with Le Meridien (the current owner) to find out the status.

If you have other suggestions for me, I'm all ears, David!

May 28th, 2002, 02:28 PM
owl

In case others are ever interested, I found out that Ku Chawe is up and running again after Le Meridien completed the rebuild. Any other Malawi suggestions would be great.

Search this Thread