Search

Madagascar suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2015, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madagascar suggestions

We are going to spend 9 days in Madagascar in June of 2016. Does anyone have any must see suggestions? We are hiring a guide and putting together an itinerary for him. We are a group of three women. We do plan on diving while we are there, off Nosy Be. Since we only have 9 days, we want to have our plans well made to see as much as possible. We are very interested in the plants and wildlife, not into museums or shopping.

If there are suggestions on who to hire as a guide or dive shop, that would be great.
Old Nov 22nd, 2015, 06:32 PM

I posted a trip report on my recent visit to Madagascar. If you click on my name, you'll find it. Madagascar is actually a very large island, so with only 9 days and a trip to Nosy Be, you'll need to focus on one or two other areas, at most. I assume you are flying into/out of Antananarivo. From there, you could travel (by road) about 3 hours east to Andasibe/Montadia for some amazing lemur/other wildlife/plant viewing. With your limited time, I think that would be a lot easier than trying to get to Morondova or the south part of the island.
Old Jan 25th, 2016, 01:26 PM

Hello,

I'd agree that nine days is not much, but I will also add that if you are in to plants and animals, I'd recommend either Andasibe, which is a three(ish) hour drive from Tana, the capital, and/or Morondava, which is home of the avenue des baobabs and, for me, was my most memorable time on this spectacular island. And, Kirindy Matea park is here, for more lemur viewing in a far less crowded setting than Andasibe.

You can fly to this island from Nosy Be, but it requires a change in Tana.

This can also get costly, so you may wish to drop Morondava.

Enjoy