Mafia - Pole Pole

Apr 12th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Original Poster
Mafia - Pole Pole

We are spending 10 [email protected] Pole Pole resort in September. The primary reason is for the diving after a trip to Selous.has anyone dived Mafia? What are the conditions like at this time of year? I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at the hotel. Also is there much else to see /do on the island? Any info would be appreciated.
Apr 12th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I'm a dipper, not a diver. But a friend has been to Mafia (an avid diver... too avid, maybe) and said it was some of the best he's experienced anywhere in the world. Believe his visits have been in October or November. He stayed at Kinasi Lodge on the other side of island from where Pole Pole is located. Believe Kinasi has a boat for those who want to go deep-sea fishing (for a fee).

Be aware that the properties here don't have air conditioning and coastal regions are hot and humid... though I'm sure they have fans. Mafia is a very laid-back island with little infrastructure.

I'd contact Pole Pole to determine what you can do when not diving and to keep you busy for a 10-day stay.

Search this Thread