Mafia Island?

May 26th, 2000, 05:07 AM
kbrus

Mafia Island?

Has anyone been to Mafia Island?
Did you stay at Kinasi lodge? I am planning a trip and would like to hear from someone that has been there. Any information helpful.

May 31st, 2000, 04:27 AM
mm

We were athe Kinasi lodge last June, 1999. It was a nice place to rest and relax after the safari trip we took in Northern Tanzania and the Selous. Mafia Island is really small and had the smallest airport I had ever seen. Transportation to and from the lodge was arranged by the hosts. The roads to the lodge were really rough with huge potholes. The lodge though was great. Our cottage had its own balcony overlooking the ocean. It was really roomy and airy and I liked the way they designed their shower stall. The meals were tasty and filling and the staff was really great. They do your laundry for free too. The mosquitos were only a bother when we were out at the dining room which had an open area. While you can just stay at the resort and do nothing, they do have equipment for divers and snorkelers. They also have a web page that you check. If you need to make changes to your flights, your host can take care of that too.

Search this Thread