Madikwe Game Reserve / Jaci's Tree Lodge

Apr 16th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Madikwe Game Reserve / Jaci's Tree Lodge

For any Fodorites who have visited Madikwe, where did you stay, and did you see Wild Dog?

I am leaning towards Jaci's Tree Lodge, but the single rate is about 50% higher than Madikwe Safari Lodge (CCAfrica). It seems that Jaci's is an excellent camp but I also need a backup.

Because I would be going single, the difference between Jaci's and CCAfrica's camp only works out to $200 per night.

For anyone that has been to Jaci's, which other game lodge vehicles did you see while out on your drives?

For anyone that has been to other lodges in Madikwe, the same question, which game lodge vehicles did you see while out on your drives?

Although I haven't spent too much time on research, my preliminary searches have come up empty at finding a map of Madikwe and the location of each of its game lodges.

Thanks for any and all help. I am dying to see Wild Dog, but if I will see them just as easily at another luxury lodge as I would at Jaci's then I will consider elsewhere if it is 50% less.

Apr 18th, 2005, 05:47 AM

Hey Rocco

As you know there is never a gaurantee of where the wild dog will be at that time of the year etc etc.

Madikwe is a fantastic game lodge, I was up at Buffalo Ridge recently the new camp up there and even though we did not see wild dog we did see a lot of other game. I was at Jacis last year and it is the most awesome lodge, Jacis tree lodge is amazing and jaci van heerden is awesome, I know jaci quite well and if you send me an e-mail with your dates, I am sure I can get her to waiver your single supp for you!
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Debbi,

Thanks for the offer, but my commission is already spoken for.

Search this Thread