Madagascar or Seychelles

Sep 8th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Madagascar or Seychelles

I will be completing my first South African adventure in early November after having been to Kruger,Botswana,Vic Falls,Capetown and environs. I have 4-5 days left over and instead of more time on the garden route I am thinking of going to Madagascar or Seychelles and ending up in Joberg for my flight home. (I can also do this in between Botswana and Capetown).
Are there any 4 day trips worth doing to these islands? The fare seems very expensive unless I'm not finding the right tour operator. If a short trip IS feasible does anyone have any suggestions on what my itinerary plan should be? I usually travel on my own but in this case I would take a mini-tour of some kind to get around more easily.
Any suggestions would be welcome --thanks!
Sep 10th, 2004, 09:36 PM

I think the Saychelles are probably much more expensive than madagascar-- it has a much more substantial infrastructure for tourism. I studied abroad in madagascar for 5 months 3 years ago and had an amazing time. The most beautiful place was Nose Be. This is an island in the north west of the island. It is a very interesting place to visit-- and extremely inexpensive. You should expect much poverty and poor roads. The people are very friendly and welcoming. There are also many parks to visit and see Leemers. i suggest the northen end of the country where there are some beautiful beaches and parks.
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:47 AM

If you have only 4-5 days Madagascar is a place you should visit. It is much easier to get there from South Africa. There are no daily flights to Seychelles from SA and often they are canceled and rescheduled.Personally, I would focus on South Africa. There is just so much to do.

Search this Thread