LuxuryLink Question -- Rocco? Anyone?

Aug 21st, 2005, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

LuxuryLink Question -- Rocco? Anyone?

I have previously considered LuxuryLink and would definitely consider it for part of the safari planning.

My question is, you can't plan that far out with some of their packages. For instances, some of the packages right now are for travel in the next few months.

So those of you who have incorporated LuxuryLink, how did you work around that? Was your trip planning shorter term? Did you put off planning that part of your trip till the end and hope the right packages were available?

Thanks
Aug 21st, 2005, 07:43 PM

Lady,

You cannot count on a Luxury Link package appearing at a later time for the dates that you will require.

Honestly, I don't see any safari packages that I would purchase, anyhow. Orient Express operates three lodges in Botswana, and while they are luxurious, they are also bigger lodges with up to 30 guests in at least one instance.

I do like Luxury Link more for their hotel packages in South Africa than for their safari packages.

If you are considering Botswana, then I think either Kwando or Wilderness Safaris lodges are the way to go.

I will be making my second visit to the Twelve Apostles Hotel, each purchased through Luxury Link, and nowhere else was I able to find rates nearly as favorable.
Aug 21st, 2005, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

Your reply -- "You cannot count on a Luxury Link package appearing at a later time for the dates that you will require." -- was as I suspected. That is why I was curious how you could work LuxuryLink into the picture. Thanks for the clarification.
Aug 21st, 2005, 09:04 PM

You can count on there being Luxury Link packages for Cape Town hotels, but I wouldn't ever plan a safari around a luxury link package.

I did my booking for the Twelve Apostles about three months before my actual stay. The package originally only went until September 30th, but they recently released packages that extended it to November 30th. Had the Luxury Link package not appeared, I would have likely chosen to stay at the Atlantic House (www.atlantichouse.co.za), a 5* guest house, as I would have had a hard time swallowing $500 per night rates at either the Cape Grace or Twelve Apostles. Instead, my average room rate at the Twelve Apostles through LL was only about $280 per night, including breakfasts and a dinner during the four night stay.

Search this Thread