Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Luxury Desert Camp, Wadi Rum, Jordan - Bait Ali or Rahayeb (new!) or other?

Luxury Desert Camp, Wadi Rum, Jordan - Bait Ali or Rahayeb (new!) or other?

Sep 29th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Luxury Desert Camp, Wadi Rum, Jordan - Bait Ali or Rahayeb (new!) or other?

I know that I can get scoffed at for wanting a luxury Desert Camp in Wadi RUm... After all the whole idea is to live like the Bedouins did and experience that liefstyle, right... Absolutely get that and totally respect that!! We have stayed in a Bedouin Camp out of Abu Dhabi a few years back... Loved the experience... This time, we are just looking for a more glamorous place... Would prefer something with an attached bathroom... And also would like a place that is more decked up with the local decorations and just has a "prettier" feel to it...

So I was researching for a more luxurious camp in Wadi Rum... Bait Ali came on my radar but the reviews were a little worrisome... Rahayeb is only one year old and seems to have some very positive reviews... But of course since it is so new so not very many reviews... Looking for more feedback here on either Bait Ali or Rahayeb or any other luxury camp if you have a recommendation...

Much appreciated!!
Sep 30th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

TOpping... Hoping for some feedback...
Sep 30th, 2012, 11:54 PM

I would highly recommend King Aretas Luxury Camp. (http://www.kingaretascampjordan.com).

Our guests that stay there have had a great experience. I would not listen to close to the Trip Advisor reviews on this one.

The bathrooms are not attached....

Best of luck. Have a great trip!

Best,

eculturesdaniel.

Search this Thread