Luxurious trip to Kenya

Jan 30th, 2001, 07:43 AM
Jasmine

Luxurious trip to Kenya

I am planning for my parents to visit Kenya this year. THey are in their mid sixties and my father is a very keen photographer. They have travelled almost all over the world except Africa. I think mainly they want to see the wild-life. Kindly advise me on the "Best" accomodation and safari. Is A&K good or should they go on their own. We live in Hong Kong but they should be using London as a base. Other than Kenya , where else should they see ? Is it safe for them to travel on their own? Thank you

Jan 30th, 2001, 09:47 AM
Buck

Hi Jasmine,
We are leaving for Nairobi Kenya on March 16th from San Francisco, using Go Ahead Vacations African Safari, we have traveled with them twice before and like them. They are moderate price and the lodges on this trip are first class. We are also in mid-60s and I would say your parents would be better off on a guided tour as far as personal safety is concerned. We are making our connection in London on British Air to Nairobi. Best of Luck, Buck

Feb 1st, 2001, 08:58 AM
Caroline S

Just returned from a 37-day photographic trip to Kenya. Purposely did not go with a guided tour because such groups have no patience for someone who wants to stay put and photograph for a while. I'm 53 years old and like some creature comforts that camping-only safaris do not provide. I worked with Jayne Ngatia from Bunson Travel in Nairobi ([email protected]) to organize a private safari which included a minivan with pop-up roof (great for photographers) plus our own knowledgeable driver/guide plus lodging in nice-but-budget minded lodges and permanent tented camps. The cost of my 5+ week adventure (which covered many national parks and reserves all of the country) was less than what most 2 week organized tours cost. If you wish, I'll give your more specific info, but I'd suggest that you get in touch directly with Jayne (say Hi from Caroline!) and have her give you some ideas and proposals. I can't wait to go back to Kenya and would definitely use Jayne/Bunson for my arrangements again!

Search this Thread