Luxor to Amman

Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Luxor to Amman

What is the best way to get to Amman or Aqaba from Luxor?
Jan 3rd, 2004, 01:28 PM
sandi

There are some ferries that run between Hurgada (I believe) further north from Luxor to Aqaba, but personally I wouldn't recommend it.

There is also a bus from Cairo that drives thru the Sinai Peninsula down to Sharm el Sheik and from there you can get to Aqaba, somehow. There is a crossing from Taba (Sinai) over to Eilat (Israel) over to Aqaba (Jordan) - in fact rumor has it that there is actually a road being built to cover this 3-points area, but who knows when.

My recommendation would be to fly from Cairo to Amman and from Amman you can fly to Aqaba or bus down, or if budget not an issue you can get a private driver and stop at Petra and other sites along the way. The flight from CAI to AMM is only 1-hr.

Are you interested in Aqaba for diving? If so, why not Sharm? Or do you just want to spend some time in Jordan? If the latter, then fly from Cairo. However, I would check with both Egypt Air and Royal Jordanian and find out if they do, in fact, have flights from Luxor to Amman or Aqaba - I do recall there are flights on Egypt Air to Sharm.

Search this Thread