Luxor Hotels??

Oct 28th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Luxor Hotels??

I am trying to decide between the Luxor Sheraton, Le Meridian or Sonesta St. George.

From what I have read it sounds like the Meridian and Sonesta are close to the main areas in Luxor. Is this true?

Is the Sheraton within walking distance to the main areas in Luxor also, or would the other two be more convenient?

Is one significantly better than the others?
Oct 29th, 2004, 02:10 AM

gktravels
We stayed at the Luxor Meridian. If you do decide to stay there ask for a room facing the Nile. Gorgeous views and also the part of the hotel that is finished. The rooms at the back of the hotel are under construction still (as of September 2004). V. new. The service was not what you expect from the Meridian though. Phone calls were not put through for no reason, no fridge in the room when we first checked-in (they brought one in later!) but it is new and nice.
I liked the location, had lunch at the poolside cafe lying on my lounge chair by the pool overlooking the Nile and if you get bored of the food in the hotel, the Sonesta St. George is next door and further down the street there are some nice local restaurants. Sonesta St. George also looked really nice when we went for dinner one evening. Couldn't tell you about the rooms.
We walked from the Meridian to Luxor Temple, Mummification Museum etc in the evenings. (May be a bit much for some people but caleche and taxis are always available).
Oct 29th, 2004, 03:55 AM
rfb

Depends on how you define walking distance, the Sheraton is probably half a mile to a mile south of the main tourist area. They have a shuttle that runs hourly, I believe. It's an average hotel. Nothing to brag about, nothing really wrong with it. I usually stay there because they have consistent service and reasonable rates.

Oct 29th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, we leave in a few weeks so your comments helped a lot.

We like to walk, but don't want to be too far away from all the action. Sounds like we can't go too wrong with any of our choices.

Search this Thread