Luxor Agenda for 1 day only

Jan 26th, 2006, 01:11 AM
bwm
Original Poster

Luxor Agenda for 1 day only

Please help me plan my one precious day in Luxor. I'll be on the night train from Cairo and returning on the next night train back to Cairo, so only about 14 hours to see Luxor's beauty and history. Please tell me the best way to spend my time...what to see, in what order, and how to get from sight to sight, and from train station to sights, and do I need to purchase all my sight tickets in one location. All info is greatly appreciated! Can't wait!
Jan 26th, 2006, 02:10 PM

Only 1 day? You can do it, and planning ahead is the way. I personally would go to the Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsuts' Temple in the morning when it is not so hot and then go to Karnak and Luxor Temple in the afternoon. Luxor Temple is open in the evening until 9pm and is wonderful at night. As for Karnak, I don't know how late they are open. You can hire drivers at the train station.I don't know how much they are, someone else will have to help you with that. We purchased our tickets at each site. You will be rushed a little bit, but the Valley of Kings and the other sites on the West Bank will not take over a morning, 4 or 5 hours. Karnak is huge so you will have to cover some ground in a hurry. Luxor Temple, just a little ways from Karnak, will not really take you a long time. Just plan ahead, decide what you really want to see, and go for it. Luxor is WONDERFUL and well worth the visit. I want to go back to Egypt again and this time I want to fly to Luxor to see sites I missed before. GO GO GO!!!!!!! You will love it!
Jan 26th, 2006, 05:47 PM
bwm
Original Poster

Thanks bobi! Luxor Temple open until 9 PM is great news! I've been planning and reading so much, but I just can't grasp the distances between sights. When you say "just a little ways" do you mean a 5 min walk or a 10 min taxi ride? Thanks again for your response. Great to hear that you want to return!

Search this Thread