Lux Dubai hotels

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lux Dubai hotels

We're stopping off herefor 3nts on the way to NBO and I'd love to stay at one of the Madinat hotels or One and Only Mirage-has anyone been able to get good rates thru an agent(maybe Virtuoso) rather than online? Thanks
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 02:32 AM

I've always got better rates with reservation services rather than direct with the Jumeirah hotel group. Google the madinat hotel that you're interested in & you'll see all the offers.
I know that the One & Only had great rates a few months ago due to all the building work going on around the hotel but I don't know if that's still the case. I would go for the Madinat, it's fabulous.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 04:02 AM

Both times i went to Dubai I have stayed at the Dar al Masyaf Villas within the Madinat Jumeirah property and i can say it is truly fantastic. The villas have 9 rooms and each villa has its own buttlers. The interior of the rooms in the villas is stunning, the rooms are huge and the bathroom xxl. There are two types of villas, the arabian villas which have views over the waterways, and the gulf villas with seaviews. I have stayed at both and would recommend the arabian villas, there are cheaper too. The other too hotels within the Madinat are the Mina a Salaam and the Al Qasr, these are both hotels, with long corridors etc, the rooms must be stunning too, as the entire place is really wonderful. I would def recommend the villas though, as you will get extra special treatment.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Unfortunately, rates are extremely high for our time period(last 3days Oct) and I'm wondering is something is going on then in town. We may just have to stay at a city hotel-any that you recommend? Thanks
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Just found out that the end of Oct. is a school break time for Britain, hence, the high rates-even the city hotels are high.