Luggage

Feb 2nd, 2006, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Luggage

Does anyone have any ideas to share re: the best luggage/brand/size/stle to take? I don't think I can fit all my gear into a 20" wheelie bag or pack. Packing too much became a problem on a trip to Morocco. thanks.
Feb 3rd, 2006, 09:01 AM

For a light, softsided, somewhat expandable suitcase, I love my Back Door Bag from Rick Steves' site. For 2 weeks in Africa I carried that (it has straps so you can use it as a backpack and it fits in overhead bins) and an over the shoulder tote that also transformed into a day pack (also from Rick Steves). No problems even fitting my heavy coat and my pillow in them ! Of course the packing bags (also from Rick Steves - can you tell I love his stuff!) that squished out the air from those helped get them in.
Feb 4th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, good info. I just went to his web-site, nice travelbags. I just am not sure I can get everything into a 21" bag. I'll try, traveling light is the best way to go!
Feb 5th, 2006, 08:09 AM

45l rucksack or similar sized duffel/cargo bag as it's light, can be shoved into awkward corners and are less vunerable to "pointy thing going through side of case" syndrome. Don't get anything with wheels and don't get anything hardsided

Unless you are on a coach trip and the furthest your luggage travels is from the coach to the hotel when "ignore the above" is the best advice

Search this Thread