LOW PHONE SERVICE FROM MOROCCO TO U.S.?

May 23rd, 2000, 04:46 AM
cedar

LOW PHONE SERVICE FROM MOROCCO TO U.S.?

So far the cheapest I can find is $1.36 a minute fom Morocco to the US....Military Plus.
Does anyone have any other ideas on low rates by telephone?
My daughter will be there for 2 yrs with the Peace Corps.

May 23rd, 2000, 01:53 PM
Jill

I used 10 10 811 to call Morocco. I think it was cheaper than $1.36, but I had a terrible time getting a free line. To confirm what the actual price is, you can call you phone company and they can tell you the name and 800 number of the 10 10 company. I recall a figure of about 85 cents a minute. We actually found internet access in some very unusual places in Africa( none in Morocco, but we weren't looking), so hopefully you will be able to communicate via the computer a little. My boyfriend and I are thinking about the Peace Corps; At this point we have only looked at the web sight and a little book they wrote. Maybe some day!

Jun 7th, 2000, 02:29 PM
al

I found the following information on some web site (Fodor's forum, maybe) and copied it and sent it to myself in an email a few weeks ago. I haven't really taken the time to figure out what this person was saying or how it works but I thought it might come in handy some day. For what its worth (sorry I don't remember who I copied this from or I would give credit): "I've also found a much cheaper way to make international calls than any of the ways suggested in the LP. I call the US for $0.29 a minute from my apartment in Aix using a callback service, and the service doesn't cost me a penny. When I'm away form home, I use a roving callback service, which gives me the same rate for calls, but the service costs a whopping $1 per month. You can use it form a public phone."

The way it works is this: I call a number in the US and let it ring once. Then I hang up. Since the call was never connected, I don't get charged not even for a local call. A computer on the other end traces my call and calls me back, giving me a US dial tone and US rates - the cheapest in the world. In essence, you pay for two calls. US to France costs $.19 a minute, then a domestic US long-distance call costs $.10 a minute. Not only that but you get discounts for referrals and you can bill your charges directly to a credit or check card. It's the best deal going."
Post a reply if this makes sense and really does work.

Search this Thread