Lots of questions about Israel

Jun 26th, 2000, 09:46 AM
Shar

Lots of questions about Israel

I am going to Israel for the 1st time in Nov. I plan to stay in Eilat for 3 or 4 nights and Tel Aviv for 5. So here are my questions. (I'm also open to other suggestions)
1. Does anyone know about the Red Rock Hotel in Eilat? Good or bad info.
2. How about the Crowne Plaza? Is it on the beach?
3. In Tel Aviv can anyone help me with info on the Yamit Plaza, Metropolitan, or Astor Hotels?
4. I would also like any information on Sunsites tours and accomodations. Are their apartments as described, good value or is it a dump? For instance:
"TEL-AVIV - Isaac's Open Gallery Studios (4 units on same location, 1-4 persons)
Location:Frug St., central just a short walk away from Dizengoff Mall & the sea front .
Description: Renovated, modern, practical with open gallery bedroom up 14
decorative steps with a double bed .
Fully equipped kitchenette, bathroom with tub & shower plus toilet. Air-conditioned, TV & cables, telephone. Living-room with sofa-bed sleeps 2 persons. Ground floor. Private Parking Rates:From US$ 60- per night / apartment (1 - 2 persons )"

Thank you for any help you can provide. Shalom. Sharon

Jun 26th, 2000, 02:30 PM
John

Hi, Shar,
Can only comment on the Yamit Plaza in TA: very comfortable, nice people, good buffet breakfast, great location next door to the US embassy, good beach opposite the garage. If the Hard Rock Cafe on the ground floor is still in business, avoid it.

Jun 28th, 2000, 11:58 AM
Ada

Hi Sharon,
Red Rock in Eilat - mediocre or less
Crowne Plaza - not on the beach.
Yamit - excellent location. On the beach. But in November the water is cold!!!
Astor - good location.
Am unfamiliar with Sunsites. But, Frug St. is very central, quiet street. Great location. Seems very reasonable. If you decide to stay there, please let me know how it was, friends always ask me about places like this.
Ada

Jun 29th, 2000, 07:42 AM
Shar

John & Ada, Thank you for your response. Do you know if there are restaurants or public transportation nearby the Frug St. location? Thanks. Sharon

Search this Thread