Lorrys Quandry

May 11th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Al & Lorry

Lorrys Quandry

This will be our first trip to this area and we are not sure what to take or what to expect in terms of weather, clothing, money (US? etc..we would appreciate any help..
we are schedulded to leave on tour with Globus
on June 6 to London and then on to Nairobi and etc.We are elderly, but travel well...
Also we are concerned about food; is it edible, or recognizable? Thanks for any help. Al and Lory

May 11th, 2002, 02:03 PM
me

I thought this was going to be a question about ravelling by lorry!

If you provide a bit more information about the areas you'll be going to it will help us answer your questions. There are many different climates, cultures, etc. represented in the vast continent of Africa. As far as Nairobi: Many people don't know that it situated on top of a plateau, and the weather can be quite cold and wet at times - much like England, in fact, although much dustier (with a kind of red dust that gets into everything) so don't wear white! East African food can be quite bland, but a fusion with food brought from India by immigrants has created an very interesting and delicious cuisine.

Tell us a bit more please, so we know better how to advise you!

May 13th, 2002, 07:07 PM
LORRYS QUANDRY

TO ME([email protected])

Thank you for your response to our queries... any additional info willbe appreciated.. our trip will include visits to Nairobi,Aberdares, Mount Kenya, Samuru, Lake Nakuru, LakeNaivasha,Masai Mara..

The cuisine you describe sounds terrific,but do we have any basic concerns about fruit, meats, water, etc. Should we have any "extra- ordinary" concerns about our safety?
mugging, etc?

Lorry is quite "sensitive" to the weather..Should she pack her "Bikini" or her woolies?.. Is there an insect
problem? What currency should wetravel with? We have heard that US one
dollar bills are the best, do you know if there is any basis for this?

Lorry and I are both in our middle 70s, we are seasoned travellers, though not in this area of the continent, though we have done some traveling in Egypt,
Morroco,etc....Thank you agan for past help, and any you may pass on to us again...Al

Jun 15th, 2002, 05:31 AM
Sue

Al & Lorry
You should be back home by now, please let us know if you enjoyed your trip.

Search this Thread