Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Looking for Great Hotels and Tour Guide for Israel and Jordan regions

Looking for Great Hotels and Tour Guide for Israel and Jordan regions

Feb 22nd, 2014, 10:09 PM
Original Poster

Looking for Great Hotels and Tour Guide for Israel and Jordan regions

My wife and I are NOW looking for a tour guide for Israel, Jordan, etc...
We enjoy nice hotels and the key to a trip like this is a fantastic guide!
Looking for some advice and suggestions since we have never been to this part of the world. We enjoy upscale hotels and looking for names and numbers of some great guides. Need help with this!
Thanks.
Mark
Feb 23rd, 2014, 05:12 PM
jgg

I couldn't agree more that a good guide can really make a fabulous trip and this is even more true in Israel! We were there for 2 weeks and used Menachim Holzman ([email protected]). We all really loved Menachem and were so glad we had a guide. It was not just the things he took us to see, but the amazing conversations we had about politics, religion, Iran, Obama, Haredim, settlements, Muslims, history, the army, etc. etc. He is a secular Jew whose family has been in Israel since the late 1800s and he was willing to discuss all subjects. Our discussions became more profound as the trip went on. He owned a construction company and had worked with many Arabs and always wanted to show us that Jews and Arabs do get along. He took us to both Arab and Israeli villages and restaurants for lunch. Not to mention that he also has excellent taste in food!! All the places he took us and all his restaurant recommendations were excellent.

Israeli guides can not guide in Jordan and I do not have a recommendation for a guide in Jordan. We did use Ahalan Olympus for daytrip to Petra from Jordan which was excellent - but I don't think they organize anything more in Jordan than Petra.

Here is a link to my trip report which also includes pictures. You may find it helpful in planning your trip: http://www.fromhometoroam.com/catego...e-east/israel/

Search this Thread