Looking for a Unique adventure!

Jul 24th, 2000, 03:42 PM
marty

Looking for a Unique adventure!

Hey, was wondering if anyone can help me out on sending my friend to someplace totally unique and breathtaking. I send him someplace crazy every year and this place has never let me down. For an idea of what i am talking about I have sent him to "La Tomatina" in Spain (the worlds biggest food fight) ,and to an underwater hotel. Something totally uniquue, that you wouldnt even think existed, but love. If you have found places like this in your travels, if you could let me know I would appreciate it.

Jul 24th, 2000, 06:47 PM
elvira

Camel trek into the Sahara (everything from a couple of days to a couple of weeks). Combined with a hair-raising jeep trip up and over the Atlas Mountains, and a night with a Berber family, he'll have an experience he'll never forget.
Or a trip up Mount Everest, but I assume you want him back alive...

Jul 25th, 2000, 04:56 PM
kim

I've read about a hotel in one of the Scandinavian countries that is made entirely of ICE!! It is obviously only open in the winter, but looks absoultely amazing. I read about it a couple of years ago in Travel and Leisure - it's totally legit and not cheap - but what a memory! Even the beds (as I recall are carved out of ice blocks). Hopefully you can do a search on this forum and get the name of the hotel and the country it's in - if you are interested - I think this would count as "someplace crazy"!

Search this Thread