Long trip reports from travel agent

Sep 6th, 2000, 04:52 AM
Tonna

Long trip reports from travel agent

We are prepearing for our second safari to East Africa and I am reading all responses on this forum regarding Kenya and Tanzania. It is interesting that the longest reports are placed by the travel agents. Just check reports placed by Bert on Kenya, again by Bert on Madagascar and by TC on Kenya and Tanzania. They all include great information but also these people take their time to make sure someone will buy their services. Be aware of travel agents on this forum.

Sep 6th, 2000, 09:34 AM
Bert

I take exception to the previous posting. I go out of my way not to tout my services, have never mentioned my website or company name or solicited any business on this forum.

It is rather patronizing of you to 'warn' other people using this forum against travel agents, as if we pose some kind of threat to them.

People are generally pretty astute, and can make up their own minds who they would like to do business with and why.

Sep 7th, 2000, 05:13 AM
jbrooks

I rather appreciate a travel agent taking time to give their impressions of a place. They are usually well traveled and as long as they are not pushing their services, I don't mind at all. I enjoyed his commentary on Madagascar and thought he gave a real depiction of what you may find there, not a cheesy advertisement for the place. Thanks Bert, and others, that make valuable posts on line!

Sep 7th, 2000, 09:06 AM
Kathy

I find the reports posted by the travel agents to be invaluable information and I ask you to please continue to provide us with your excellent reviews and suggestions as much as possible. Thank you Bert and others...

Search this Thread