Search

Visa for Oman from UAE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 08:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visa for Oman from UAE

I'm finding mixed information online about getting a visa to visit Oman from the UAE and wonder if someone can help me.

Some sources say citizens of List 1 countries like the USA, Canada, and EU members (and I fit that category) can get a visa at land crossings. Others say the only visa-on-arrival is if you fly into Oman.

Info on fees also differs. Some sources say OR 6, others OR 20.

It's not even clear to me if I will need 2, 1, or 0 passport photos (of course, it's safest to take a couple with me in case I need them).

I'm flying into Abu Dhabi, so I can't take advantage of the no-visa-required options for those who fly into Dubai. But one source I read made it sound like I would not need a visa if I crossed from Dubai Emirate (i.e., Hatta border crossing).

Anyone know what the truth is about all this?
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 08:26 PM

Yes there is always some confusion when it comes to Oman visas as the rules keep changing. Generally travel agents / hotels have the latest updates and its best at times to go thru them.

To the best of my knowledge Oman visa on arrival is always available when you enter through land crossings as well. And this I believe would apply to all land crossings and not just thru the Dubai / Hatta border.

No idea on the fees. And yes it is always safer to just have a few passport photos handy.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 01:35 PM

Don't know where you checked info which if online is often not current or confusing... would suggest if residing in the US to call the Embassy in Wash, DC... or check if they have a Consular Office in NYC where most countries do as the UN is located here.

If not located in the US, check in Ottawa, CA or London, UK for similar info.

Though many travelers complain that Embassies or Consular offices aren't all that helpful, if you speak softly, yet firmly with lots of 'please' and 'thank-you' you might get lucky. Good luck!
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 06:23 AM

I think u should check with any travel agency in UAE, check this one, they are very helpful
https://www.facebook.com/AlRaisHolidays
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Turned out to be a non-issue, as I was not able to go to Oman. Thanks to all who replied.
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 01:22 PM

Sorry to hear that. But if you are going directly from Dubai to Oman, the visa is free on arrival. Just show them your Dubai passport stamp.