Londolozi

Apr 12th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Londolozi

I am looking at spending 7 nights at Londolozi as I hear that the leopard sightings are the very best. I have a love for leopards and want to photography them does anyone else know of another game lodge in South Africa that I can go to. I have not booked my trip yet but thinking of going in Sept. I am also looking for a good tour operator.
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:09 PM

I'll beat Safarinut to the punch and advise you that you may stay at Mala Mala, which borders Londolozi for about $600 per night less ($300 per person per night). www.malamala.com

For a good tour operator, I recommend Taga Safaris. www.tagasafaris.co.za

Seven nights is very long for one camp. You may want to break it up between a couple camps in the Sabi Sand. Here is a good map for your review (copy and paste):

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...UTF-8%26sa%3DN

Best of luck.
Apr 12th, 2004, 06:46 PM

We just returned from Londolozi in March where we spent three nights.

The trip was a birthday present for me and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I would have stayed longer(maybe one night)if I had the chance and more money!

As Roccco mentioned it is quite expensive but the leopard sightings were fantastic.

I don't know if it was just luck as it is on a lot of safaris, but we saw leopards on all but one game drive and had plenty of opportunities for lots of photos. Many of which I used in a slide show in a photography course I was taking at the time.

Our guide was also a photographer so we shared a common interest and he made an extra effort to show us as much as possible.

However, I do agree that 7 nights in one place is too long for most people. Shop around and make sure you can get the best deal in Sabi Sands. You may get better deals in September than in March if you do decide to go w/ Londolozi.

Good luck and have fun.

Search this Thread