Loliondo Camp - A good bet in late November

Mar 31st, 2006, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Loliondo Camp - A good bet in late November

A friend is considering Loliondo Camp in late November. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mar 31st, 2006, 11:14 AM

I wrote a report here on my travels through Loliondo last November. It was very dry with Maasai and cattle everywhere. In fact, at least one Loliondo camp decided to postpone their setup due to the conditions.

In my opinion the migration patterns are changing. The wildebeest are trotting south via the forested western edges/grumeti and not the east anymore due to the population growth.

In the 1st week of January I visited Piaya in the south and I saw just dust and nothingness.

Granted, 2005 was a bad year but I would be careful with booking in Loliondo unless it is very carefully planned.
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Climbhighsleeplow:

Thanks for the adice. By the way, I just returned from the northern circuit (will post a report and pics soon). I am happy to share pics of Kisema Ngeda for your website if you wish (although I would like to see L.Eyasi remain a treasured secret - but with the state of the road it almost can't help stay that way!)

Daniel
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:52 PM

Welcome back, Daniel. Looking forward to your report and pics, particularly of the Lake Eyasi area.

Search this Thread