Search

Two Funny Safari Stories

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Funny Safari Stories

The day before we got to Savuti (and we saw the pictures!) Thuto, our guide, told us he spotted a constrictor on the side of the road, over 2 meters long. He stopped the jeep and got out, held it up and talked about it. Put it down when he was done and got into the jeep. The snake had crawled up into the undercarriage. After a while the people in the jeep had spotted it sticking its head out, of course they cried out and Thuto stopped the jeep came over to the wheel well and started pulling the snake out. Just then a report of wild dogs came over the radio when the snake was a third out. Being the great guide he was he let go of the snake and raced to the driving wheel to go find the dogs. Meanwhile the snake crawled back under the jeep. And they no longer saw the snake. Well the dogs have moved off by the time they got there and the guests no longer saw the snake, but they checked for it when they got to camp. Thuto opened the hood up and guess what? There was the snake! Had been with them the whole time. Hours! I saw the digital pictures too!

The other story: This one had no pictures but I heard it straight from the guests that experienced it. You know how some camps put heated water bottles in the bed to warm them up at night? Well this couple came back from a drive and the wife looked at the bed and said (you guessed it) "honey there is something in the bed!" so being the brave husband he poked it with a umbrella that was in the tent. Well it moved! So with the pointy part of the umbrella he poked it again harder! It again moved faster....so he started beating it with the sharp point...liquid came out! Well of course he had broken open the hot water bottle and emptied it contents on the mattress. This was at 10 PM at night, needless to say the manager I heard wasnt too happy about changing the mattress that late at night!

Thought you would enjoy!
Old May 20th, 2004, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wulfstan
Yes, those African Rock Pythons do tend to love our landrovers don't they. I have video footage of one of them chasing us but have not put it up. You tell people about it and they look at you as if you are crazy. But Yes it is true