Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Lodge (stopover) between Phinda or Thanda and Sabi Sands (lodges not decided)

Lodge (stopover) between Phinda or Thanda and Sabi Sands (lodges not decided)

Mar 27th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Lodge (stopover) between Phinda or Thanda and Sabi Sands (lodges not decided)

Starting the drive in Durban after a long flight we will top at either Zimbali lodge or Izulu for 1 or 2 nights. From there go to either Phinda or Thanda, Phind awould turn out much cheaper as we are 5 and could stay in the Zuka lodge, anyone has seen or stayed at Phinda Zuka? How dows it compare to the other Phinda lodges?
From Phinda we want to drive again to the Sabi Sands, i suppose this is a very long drive, therefor i need a stopover somewhere, preferably a luxury lodge. Also what is the nicest route, and is the nicest also the fastest? How about driving through swaziland? Any luxury lodges there?
From the stopover we will stay 4 nights at Sabi Sands / Kruger. Initially Londolozi Bataleur, but might be splitting it 2 and 2, the last night will be dec 31st, so therefor that night i want to be at a beautiful spot, any suggestions? By that time we will have seen enough game, game for the last day wouldnt have priority. It should be a place from where the lounge area / dining area has a far view and not a bushy view, even though will be dark. I m just imagening that Royal Malewane or Lions sands ivory lodge might be good options.
Hope someone can help.

Search this Thread