Liz! Hope you are on the mend.

May 2nd, 2004, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Liz! Hope you are on the mend.

As I'm re-reading all the most recent Botswana and Cape Town posts (it is SO close!) I wanted to thank you for all your wonderful information and send along wishes that you are recovering from your accident quickly. When all we Fodorites are out with Selwyn next weekend (eeeks! NEXT Saturday!) we'll raise a toast to the rest of you, back here on-line and planning your next trips.
May 2nd, 2004, 05:01 PM
LizFrazier

Thanks. Just got up to check my email and dropped by. I had back surgery yesterday so it has been a tough week, but hopefully this will fix the injury. Good luck on your trip and watch your step in Botswana and the muddy patches. Good luck to the rest of you too as you make your way to the dark continent of mysteries. Fondly, Liz

May 2nd, 2004, 10:39 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Liz.
May 3rd, 2004, 01:28 AM

Looking forward to catching up with you, Liz, when I get back.

Take care and be well.
May 3rd, 2004, 04:04 AM
sandi

Liz - Hope you're back to your self soon - my best for a speedy recovery.

Uhoh - Safe travels for you on your trip and don't forget to say a "hello" to Selwyn and bend an elbow for me.

May 3rd, 2004, 07:15 AM

Liz, I trust you are feeling better and this will all be a distant memory soon. Your willingness to share will help me be more cautious on my upcoming trip to the Delta. Thinking of you...
May 3rd, 2004, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Liz, we're all pulling for your quick recovery. My sister-in-law had back surgery a couple of years ago and the best advise she got was to do the full course of physical therapy and if you don't like the first therapist you work with, find someone you DO like and trust. It's amazing how much stronger her back got because of that therapy. We'll be thinking of you!
May 3rd, 2004, 10:11 AM

Hi Liz,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope you'll be back on your feet soon.

Having had back surgery in Dec. '02 for a pretty serious injury, I know it takes time to heal but you will get there.

Just have a lot of patience and faith and you will be able to do the things you love in no time at all.
Take care.
May 3rd, 2004, 10:11 AM
blacktie

Dear Liz, either I was asleep at the wheel or as usual the last one to hear ... but what happened! I'm in shock! I take it you slipped, but where, what effects, did it happen in Botswana, what did you do, what's the prognosis. I am terribly, terribly sorry about your misfortune. In my mind I had been so happy ... Liz was finnaly there, after having to cancel and replan. And now the back!!! My thoughts are with you!!!

May 3rd, 2004, 11:44 AM

Liz: Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery. Goodness gracious - with you out of commission as well as Kavey and uhoh_busted on safari, this board will not be the same. Please get better soon and rejoin us. You are missed!
May 3rd, 2004, 11:46 AM
blacktie

hrumphhhh ... I'm still here, lol.

May 3rd, 2004, 03:40 PM

So, sorry blacktie! I did not mean to dismiss you at all! But, well, Kavey is Kavey, Liz is Liz and, after all, they were kind enough to name some animals after me ... In fact, the most beautiful cheetah in all of the Mara has my namesake, thanks to Liz. But I do stand corrected, forgive me? quot;>
May 4th, 2004, 11:11 AM
LizFrazier

Thanks Joey, you must have missed the Water, Water EVERYWHERE post I put up when I returned. It's past the top 50, but if you look on down you'll find it. Yeah, a spat of bad luck I'm afraid. Hope your trip goes well. When do you leave now? Good luck, watch your step.

Thanks Susan, you're always in there for me. What would I do without a friend like you. I'm afraid you'll have to wait until my trip report (of sorts) to find out what in Botswana carries your name. My, My, Susan, but what a long neck you have. Liz

May 5th, 2004, 12:50 PM

Ohhhhhh, Liz - you tease, you!!!! Glad to see you back, albeit perhaps for just a short visit. I will anxiously await your trip report!!!! Please don't exert yourself or get in too much fn a rush to recuperate. Take it easy, take it slow ... and just know that we will all be here for your report, er, you! Joking aside, just focus on getting better and then you can devote all your time and energy to what I am sure will be a FANTASTIC report!
May 5th, 2004, 12:51 PM

Excuse that nasty typo - should be "of."

Search this Thread