Lisa's sharing a few of her Tanzania photos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2005, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lisa's sharing a few of her Tanzania photos

You can see a few of them here:
http://homepage.mac.com/lisaandmarkt...otoAlbum1.html
Hope to get more up soon, and hopefully Mark will share some of his eventually as well.
Happy New Year to everyone!
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 06:51 PM

Great photos! thanks for sharing!
Dennis
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 11:36 PM

Nice pics.
You were pretty close to those hippos!
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 04:45 AM

lisa:

Great pictures. You have my admiration taking a picture of a boomslang. I am always found running the other way when I see one! Thus not many of us include pictures of reptiles we seen.

Thanks for sharing.

Jan
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 06:56 AM

Thanks Lisa. I loved the agama lizard, the mineral licking zebras, the lioness running with dust behind her, the cub in the tree, the boomslang looking like a toy snake, the lion under acacia, the leopard standing in the tree, the baby vervet and all the rest. I feel like stealing the acacia and putting it on my desktop.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 07:06 AM

Great pics, Lisa.

Nyamera, I've got a baobab* on my desktop.

*4" tall.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 07:28 AM

Lisa:
The photos are wonderful! I loved the colors in the agama doing pushups. It was neat to see the different patterns on the zebras faces in your "Saftey in numbers". Where the lioness fails - her in the center of the shot and the dust and glimpse of the animals in the background strikes me as both poignant & comical. That baby vervet is too cute! And the standoff - they both look like babies? Like Nyamera - I really liked your Lion under the acacia - so calm. Beautiful - thanks for sharing - gets me very excited for my upcoming trip!

Cyn
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the positive feedback -- it means a lot to me.
I've posted photos from two more portions of our trip, at http://homepage.mac.com/lisaandmarkt...otoAlbum2.html and
http://homepage.mac.com/lisaandmarkt...otoAlbum3.html
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 07:54 AM

Thanks Lisa,
Your pics. are great. The cordon blue is magnificant - seeing such amazing birds makes me want to become a birder - something I've never had much interest in.
That hippo eyeballing you is kinda scary, awesome and never to be replicated.
Sherry
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 08:01 AM

hi lisa, kida like these. i've been interested in tarengire for some time. a big place, good road network i hear, also very interesting landscape ect. thinking of putting it in for sept/oct. but first i have another trip coming up this march.
i am very interested in swala camp.did a couple of quick looks into it. i had found that for sept/oct it runs about 350.00 a nt.will have to keep this in mind.
thx, david
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

Unfortunately our hippo photos cannot convey the smell factor -- talk about dangerous -- hundreds of hippos in a thick "poop soup"!

Dave -- Swala Camp rocks. You literally don't have to leave the camp at all to see wildlife. I would have been in heaven just sitting out on the deck all day and watching the comings and goings at the waterhole. The managers are great, the staff is fantastic, the food is incredible. The only downside is that it is a long drive through the park to get there, really only worth the drive if you're staying at least two nights.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 09:40 AM

hi lisa been on safari a number of times now. i'm not one to rush out of a place or area if i can help it. i'll be expecting to stay 4nts there. if i decide to go that way. but me and basic camping get along so well
thx, david
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 02:29 PM

Thanks for sharing the photos, Lisa. I have really enjoyed them. That baby vervet is indeed adorable! Also, the first lizard in the second album--is it an agama? I can see why you described it in your report as being different from any others!
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

No one we asked seemed sure whether that one was an agama or not. Its head was much larger than the other agamas we saw, and its turquoise and orange coloration was different than the pink and blue we saw on other agamas. But one person said it was an agama, so I don't know. When we first saw it, the color was changing, and we thought it might be some kind of a chameleon, but we were told it wasn't. Near Serengeti Serena was the only place we saw it.
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 05:20 PM
sandi

The blue/pink bright color is the male Agama. The ordinary blue/green/gray is the gal! For some reason there are more guys sighted than gals... maybe the gals are smart enough to stay out of troubles way. Gals rock!

Lisa, great photos. Thanks.

Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 02:52 AM

Lovely album, thanks for sharing!
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:48 AM

Thanks Lisa, these were incredible pictures! All were really enjoyable, you and Mark certainly captured the essence of the wildlife - I am going to a few of those place in June and cannot wait to see all those animals!
Is it OK if I refer to this thread for your photos in the East Afica Index - or if OK by you, could the links be added to your original Trip Report thread, that way it's all in one for future readers?
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:52 AM

Sorry Lisa, I see you have already added the photo links to your original trip reports! If I would have just scrolled down a little further I would have seen that... Thanks!
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:00 AM
bat

Lisa:
I loved your photos.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

I'm so glad you're all enjoying them!

And yes of course, Lynda, link away!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -