Lion Sands

Oct 30th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Lion Sands

Hello to all. I'm a new poster here and I'm glad I found this forum which has already proved extremely helpful in planning my trip. I'm taking my family to South Africa next summer, and we'll spend three nights at Lion Sands in the Sabi Sands, three nights at Phinda Forest, and three nights at Constantia Uitsig outside Capetown.

My question is this: Has anyone here had any experiences with Lion Sands? I know it is relatively new, and while I've heard a few sporadic and positive comments, I've yet to get a good first-hand report. It seems to me it's somewhere in the middle of the luxury continuum - not Singita or Londolozi, but certainly comfortable. Also, any comments on the game viewing there?

On a separate topic, because we will be in Capetown during the cold and wet season I was thinking that I could wait until we get there to hire a city tour or a one day tour to Hermanus. I'd rather not commit beforehand if I can avoid it, so we can see what the weather is like and adjust our plans accordingly at that time. Will this be possible? Thanks in advance for any information.

Search this Thread